The mosque was built in between 1587-1591 by Diyarbakir’s Governor Melik Ahmet Pasha in honor of his name on the avenue that is known by his name. Name of Melik Ahmet Pasha Mosque is written in Tuhfetul Mi’marin, a collection of Architect Sinan’s works. The structure’s parts that were used as storage and shops were heightened and transformed into a mosque that is climbed to by ladders. The praying section of the mosque is rectangular planned and this place is covered with dome. The dome is placed on a octagon hoop, and this hoop provided praying place to be lightened from the top by its four sharp arched windows. Entrance of the structure is pretty attractive. Glorious main entrance door is faced to avenue and is carried out from the walls. The minaret, located on the right of the stairs on the mosque’s north side, was built separately and attracts attention with stone decorations on the pedestal side. The minaret which has a cylindrical body has single minaret balcony. The minaret is two graded until the half and after the half it joins as one ladder and continues.